This article will guide you to import the 2021 leave calendar, which includes all the South African public holidays on Sage Payroll Professional. In order for leave applications to be processed correctly, it is important to update your leave calendar with the applicable dates when using the Leave Module.
Step 1 - Download the 2021 Public Holiday File
• Download the 2021 public holiday import file by clicking the button below:
• Save the file to a location where you will easily find it
• Holidays included in the file:
New Year’s Day
Human Rights Day
National Women’s Day
Day of Reconciliation
Day of Goodwill
*The Public Holidays Act (Act No 36 of 1994) determines whenever any public holiday falls on a Sunday, the Monday following on it shall be a public holiday.
Step 2 - Import the new calendar
• From the main menu, select Leave, then select Copy Calendar
• Select Import Calendar.
• Enter 2021 at the Calendar year option.
• Enter the applicable company you want to import the public holiday leave calendar.
• Drag/Import the RSA2021.CSV
Step 3 - Reindex Files
After importing the RSA2021.csv file, please complete a rebuild/reindex of the data files.
From the Main Menu:
• Select Utilities
• Select Reindex files
• Select Fast execution/large files
This step must be followed in all companies, failure to do the above will result in possible VPCNT status 49.01 or ‘Sorry not authorized’ errors.
Should you have any issues or require us to assist you with importing the leave dates, contact us below: