IronTree Virtual Private Server Hosting
AS2 has partnered with IronTree to offer a hosted/virtual server solution to clients. IronTree has been backing up data of thousands of South African organisations since 2008.
IronTree’s specialised virtual private server (VPS) hosting is a unique service in South Africa, aimed at organisations who want to move their accounting or financial software to the cloud.
Not all organisations are ready to move to cloud-based accounting services because, in many cases, these services don’t have the comprehensive functionality they require. However, there’s no reason why an organisation can’t host its familiar desktop applications on a virtual private server.
A virtual private server provides an organisation with the best of both worlds, i.e. the ability to continue using highly featured accounting and payroll systems in a secure, private cloud infrastructure.
IronTree hosts the virtual private servers via the Vodacom Business Data Centre in Midrand; this is a Tier 3 data centre with full redundancy. The hosting environment is supported by additional services to ensure safety, cybersecurity, and disaster recovery availability.
- It eliminates the need for a physical server
- It enables access from any location
- It ensures the physical security of your server
- It operates on an Opex rather than Capex basis
- Server hosting configured to your needs
- Windows 2012 R2 / 2016
- Remote desktop licenses for connecting to the service
- Panda Adaptive Defence 360
- Cyber security
- Data backup
- Disaster recovery
- Technical support
- Easy configuration and management in terms of hardware resources.
- Simple and fast recovery from a disaster (if you have the correct disaster recovery support).
- Elimination of power issues, hardware failure and the possibility of theft since your server is hosted off your premises.
- Easy access to your servers from multiple locations.
- Reliable, redundant hardware with dual power supply, fire-proofing, air-cooling, backup generators and Internet connectivity.
- A VPS is hosted in a secure environment that has multiple layers of protection against malware attacks – it’s much more secure than a local server housed in a cabinet in your office.